Thursday, April 21, 2011

Old Toys


These are the same waffle blocks that I used to play with as a kid. And we used to do the same thing, can you tell Mikey is making a car noise by his face?


I've noticed something. The things I get for my kids, I really get for myself. I love watching them play with the toys that I had so much fun with when I was little. Look at that Owen boy just chillin. It was his idea to get inside the blocks...and Mike's idea to push it. Classic toys never go bad.


I've noticed though, that when they don't take care of their stuff I freak out. Which I have the right too. If they break it it's gone and that means no more fun with that toy.


One of our new favorite things are these masks, they were a little more than what I would have liked to pay (about $9 at target), but they're very high quality and I'm definatly going to buy the whole collection for our costume box. They LOVE these things. As soon as a mask is on, they don't need anymore toys. They're no longer my little boys, and they refuse to be called by anything but the name of the superhero mask they're wearing. Xander is especially adamant that he IS spider man. 



I found 2 transformers masks at toys r us, and they're about the same price as the others, eventually I'll add those and the Thor mask to the pile. Owen even likes putting the wolverine mask on. Cute little boys.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the video you posted on FB, such cute little boys. Super hero Masks, GENIUS! What fun "toys"

    ReplyDelete
  2. walmart carries the Iron Man, Spiderman, and Thor masks. And they really are heavy duty. the back is elastic with velcro so it's adjustable. the eyes have a sort of goggles to them without lenses, if that makes sense. anyhow they're really high quality and I'm totally buying more.

    ReplyDelete