Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Knowledge is Golden


I just saw this and wanted to share it. Lately I've been watching "Horders." Honestly, I was watching it for inspiration, I wanted to see dirt and filth and realize my house is dirty too, but it won't take me near as long to clean it out. I've never been good at cleaning. I always need motivation, and I always get distracted anyway. So I'm always looking for small things I can do to help me out. This is just a little tip I stumbled on today.
Getting rid of clutter doesn't have to be a long, drawn out process. You can complete this entire list of clutter - reducing projects in an hour or less.
  1. Toss 10. Grab a trash bag. Find ten items in your home that you no longer need or want and put them in the bag. 
    Toss the bag in the trash or put it in your donation box, and never look back.
  2. Clear a surface. Find at least one cluttered surface, like a coffee table or dresser top, and completely clear it of all clutter, swiftly dumping any trash.
  3. Toss old magazines. Go through your home and gather any old magazines or newspapers you've already flipped through
    4. Weed out 5. The thought of weeding out your entire filling system may seem daunting, but anyone can weed out just 5 file folders.
    5. Pick through a junk drawer. Whatever you can't identify or is clearly junk (meaning you'll never use it) gets tossed.
    6. Toss anything expired. Go through your fridge and medicine cabinet, gathering anything perishable that has expired. A good day to do this is on garbage day, so you can hand off what you've collected to the trash collector.
    7. Dump junk mail. Quickly go through your pile of mail and dump anything that is clearly junk mail.
    8. 
    1. Put things away. While carrying a large shopping bag with handles, go through your home putting at least 8 things that are not in their correct place in the bag. Then, deliver those items to their proper homes

    by Maria Gracia - Get Organized Now! 

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME tips! I get distracted too! And Justin is always skeptical when he asks what I did all day and I say "Well... I thought I was cleaning.. but it doesn't show. At all." It's the worst. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great tips! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great ideas, unfortuantly I have OCD. Sometimes I want to just come home and relax but instead I have to clean the house then make dinnerand clean up dinner, normally my dinner is already completely cleaned up before we even eat the only thing still out is the pots the food is in and the untensils all the meassuring cups and extra spills and scraps or egg shells are all put away, Im a clean as you go kind of person. I don't even like the remotes or game controllers out in the livingroom or coats on the couches. everything has its place. My bed has to be made all the way down to the decorative pillows. Wish me luck that I dont drive my husband crazy. Im sure he appreciates a clean house everytime he gets home.

    ReplyDelete