Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the waiting game

Sigh... We were supposed to come to MO, find a house, and drive back to Greenville within a week...nope. Well I've found a house, but other people have found the same house. So the owners have decided to look at the applications and find the best renter. I wish I knew what to do to better our chances at getting this house. I want to call the guy and say, "hey, we're ready to move in now. And will do the carpet cleaning and painting on the inside for you" but I feel like my chances are better if I just wait and not push the subject. It has been almost a week since we put in the application. I'm SO ready to know if we're in this house or not. I've never wanted to be in a rental so bad in my life.

When Mike applied for the job we figured it'd be a month or two before he started. It's been 2 weeks after his application was sent in, he starts training tomorrow. I realized I had to do something. I took the kiddos and we piled in the van bound for MO to go house hunting. I had done some research before we left and knew there were plenty of rentals in Springfield, I figured we'd have to go look at them and then just decide which one we want. Not quite so, all the good rentals, other people are looking into. Mike seems to think they may be victims of the Joplin tornado. Getting into a 2 bedroom is no problem. But we have to have 3 bedrooms...and those are being taken right and left. A house in Willard I went to look at was on the market for a few weeks, and was leased out the day I went to look at it.

The one thing Michael told me when we came here was, don't settle. I could have already put in an application for a few places, but none of them were right. Too small, no garage, no fence, bad neighborhood, or various other things. I've come to the conclusion, tomorrow I'll either be headed home to pack my bags and move into the one house I've come to envision me and my family in, or I'll be out driving around looking at houses again. The thought of that is just really discouraging. I spent days looking at housing and NOTHING was seeming right until we looked at this farm house. I've been praying fervently that the lord would soften the heart of the owner towards us. But it is so hard to wait for an answer. Deep down I know that we will be taken care of. Even if we don't get into this house, there will be a good house for us elsewhere. But I also know, deep in my heart, that we would be totally happy in that house for a long time.

We've already lived in rentals that we didn't care for. This house was wonderful. It's out in the country, has enough space for growing boys. And has the right family feel/setting I want in a house. If they were selling it I would have bought it in a heartbeat. My heart aches every time I think about that house, knowing it could just slip away. Time has passed so slowly waiting to hear back from the owner. Until we hear back, we wait at my moms house. Because if we don't get it, we'll be staying longer to find a different home. I feel like we don't even have a home right now. We already know we're going to be in Missouri. So our greenville house feels kinda like a storage home while I go house hunting. Because when I go back, it'll be to pack my stuff and bring it home to MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment