Monday, May 18, 2009

New addition to the Compton Family


This is baby howard. The day I found out Grandpa died, I found him on our porch. He had less feathers than he does now, but I was scard for him and I wanted to help him. And my very wise husband said, "The mom knows where this baby is, and it will take care of it." So I decided to let nature take its course. I was very afraid a cat would get it, but the first night he stayed on our porch it was poring down rain. So I knew he'd be ok.

This morning I was dismayed to see that our little bird who has now spent 4 nights on our porch, was gone. But I knew whatever hapened, it was nature. Then this afternoon I went to mail a letter, and as I'm walking to the mailbox, I find howard, under my car. He was ALIVE!!! Aparently the porch was to bright for him at sundown, so he moved to under my car.

I was going to take the boys shoping, and I didnt want to run him over, so I coaxed him out, and slowly moved my car. Now hes in the grass by my driveway. He's not scared of people. Not yet, but we wont touch him, and I hope he stays around till hes old enough to fly away.

The picture, by the way, isnt zoomed in at all. Our little howard is NOT camera shy. He posed perfectly for me. But dont worry, we have a strict "dont touch the bird" rule. We want to make sure his parents keep feeding him. So pray for howard and hope the neighborhood cats dont get him. So far he's been lucky. And hes a cute little bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment