Monday, October 6, 2008

6 things about me

well....this is actually the first time I've been tagged. And I haven't blogged in a while. Um...and I tag, Michelle, Analla, Dawn, Keith, and my mom....only Mom has to write 6 facts about Marshall on the Adams blog.

1) I am a Drama Queen. When I was little, if I got upset it was the end of the world. Or if someone got hurt (even if they just fell over and didn't even get bruised), I felt it was my obligation...no my duty, to rush to their aid! And you know...I thought I had grown out of it....until one day I was talkin to mike. He said something about wanting to do something on his day off...which meant I didn't get to plan anything for us to do that day. I heaved the most enormous sigh, rolled my eyes to high heaven, and flopped...or rather, flung... myself on top of my bed. And I wasn't trying to make a show either. I did it out of the most sincere seriousness I had in me. That was the way I felt, and I'd be dashed if I couldn't portray it!

2) I'm a hopeless romantic. The first whole year of our marriage I tried to hint to Michael that I wanted him to buy me flowers. Only I suppose my hints were really crappy...or my husband was daft. I think it's just that my hints were not NEARLY good enough. As a wife, secretly you want you husband to just get into your head and know what you want. I'd say things like, "I'm not having a good day. I just need a pick me up." Or I'd look at our table and say, "It just needs SOMETHING on it. Maybe some COLOR of some sort to it" And I'm sure a lot of you have heard my salami story. (if not I'll save it for another post). But now I've realized If I want all those silly romantic gestures...I have to tell mike exactly what I want. For Example, we were eating our dinner by candle light (which I had prompted "When I get back into the living room I want something romantic done with dinner."), and during dinner I said something to the effect of, "Oh! I know what you and Corey should do!" Corey being the guy he carpools with, "This week you two should get together and make something for you wifes. I bet they would love that!" (Big cheesy grin)

3) I like to make presentations. Anything I do for fun has to be done a certain way. And It has to look good. Well I guess this one should actually be I like getting complements. Actually I LIVE for complements. One of the best things is getting complements on stuff that is so obsurd. "Wow Marisa, the way you reached for the peanut butter out of the cupboard was so graceful!" (maybe thats why I like watching anne of green gables so much, cause I feel like I can relate to Anne)

4) I like to pretend I know what I'm talking about. If someone asks me a question and I know anything REMOTELY about it, I'll try and come up with the best anser I can and see if I can fudge good enough for people to believe me. Or like when I'm watching football. I still don't know everything about the game. I just sit by people who are really loud and cheer when they cheer and get terribly upset when they do the same. It's quite fun actually. :D

5) I have no reservations. Last time I went shopping at target the security guard was asking people what their favorite song was. And if they would sing it. Of course no one would and they all gave the guy funny looks. I on the other hand was waiting for him to ask me. I was ready with a song that had been stuck in my head (ease on down the road, from The Wiz), and I was ready to sing it as I skipped on my way out of target...but I didn't ever get asked. It actually kind of ruined my day. (which just goes to prove no. 1)

6) I absolutely LOVE to talk. I seriously didn't think this post was going to be NEAR this long. It happens all the time though. Even If I have nothing to say, I'll make something up just so I can get my two cents in. Mike has fallen asleep COUNTLESS times at night when I go off rambling. I'm like a can of Pringles, "Once you pop the fun don't stop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment