Friday, October 3, 2008

Unlikely Places to Sleep

Gavin isn't quite old enough to sleep in the room with the older boys, but he sleeps through the night so there is no reason for him to be in our bed. But our room is to small for his crib, so he sleeps on the floor next to our bed. So a few days ago we went to bed, as is normal, at night time. Gavin sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night so why should this night be so different. Well...when he started crying I groggily get up out of bed and in the dark of my room bend down to the place where he sleeps to pick him up. Only to my surprise...he wasn't there. I could still hear him, but to a very tired person it's really hard to concentrate. I couldn't, for the life of me, while I was tired, find where my baby was. Then as I woke up a little more I realized that the crying was coming from under my bed.

Gavin, in his sleep had wiggled out of his blanket and turned to our bed, and was now under it right about in the center of the bed. So I reach under the bed and grab his foot to pull him out. I was laughing so hard that I woke up Mike, "what are you laughing about?" I proceed to get Gavin unstuck as I explain to Mike what I'm doing. We stick our cold little kid-cicle under the covers and laugh ourselves to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment