Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


So to start off, I dont want to brag TOO much, but I think I may have inherited my Fathers gift for sweet making. Isnt my pie pretty! The apples cooked down so it sank, but I'm not quite sure how to fix that. The pie itself was pretty yummy, I used 4 fuji apples, and 3 granny smith. My first slice of pie was a little to tart for me (I think I got a slice full of granny smith apples) But I just ate another one with icecream on it. OH MY HECK! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I thought the crust could use some more sugar in it, but everyone there said it was pretty good as a tart apple pie. What can I say, I'm an Adams...everything needs more sugar.

We went to our friends Corey and Denise's house. They've got a 4 year old boy and a boy the same age as Gavin. We love these people to death, and consider them family. This is Mikey ans Xander and their oldest, Dakota. They rescued this kitty off of the highway, and ALL of the boys LOVED that cat. Gavin loved it the most I think.

I for one and proud of myself today. So much GOOD food, and I didnt overstuff myself. This is whats left of our thanksgving feast. I had 3 child sized plates basically to myself. And then I went back for pie. Everyone was wondering how I was still eating. 1 I'm pregnant, which gives me the excuse to eat as often as I want, 2 I was having kiddy sized portions 3 you cont call it thanksgiving until you've had pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment